Open Position: High Performance Director
Pentathlon Canada is seeking a High Performance Director. Please review the job description that follows.
HIGH PERFORMANCE DIRECTOR, PENTATHLON CANADA
DATE: July 22, 2019
SUPERVISOR: President, Pentathlon Canada
TERM: 2 Year Term with Option to Renew
Past experience competing in international Modern Pentathlon Events
The High Performance Director (HPD) is a volunteer position responsible for the development, planning, management, and execution of all national team programs and initiatives ensuring consistent and sustained performance at the international level. The successful candidate will build relationships with all relevant HP stakeholders including but not limited to athletes, coaches and board members. This role presents a unique opportunity to make a positive impact on the delivery of High Performance programs both strategically and operationally throughout Canada. The HPD is accountable for the high performance program and performance results.
- Develop and deliver a robust high performance plan which provides direction, strategies, measurable program objectives, and priorities that will consistently produce Canadian athletes with podium potential at Youth Worlds, World Cups, World Championships and Olympic and Paralympic Games
- Communicate the vision and goals of the high performance program, serving as a key Pentathlon brand ambassador for Pentathlon excellence in Canada
- Identify elite and emerging athlete talent
- Develop clear and fair athlete selection policies
- Provide overall technical liaison with Sport Canada, Canadian Olympic Committee, Own the Podium, Sports Institutes and Provincial Organizations. Contribute funding expertise to funding applications such as SFAF Applications
- Plan and implement all national team activities including training camps, preparation plans and logistics for World Championships, Major Games, and other major international competitions
- Develop and implement an athlete monitoring system, including oversight of athlete yearly training plans and annual evaluations
- Design and oversee delivery of appropriate national, regional, and/or provincial/territorial athlete development camps, clinics
- Ensure consistent and effective communications and consultation with the Board, Coaches, Next Gen and National Team Athletes
- Develop clear and fair coach selection policies and select a strong team of National Coaches. Set clear expectations with respect to the preparation and implementation of training programs and objectives
- Provide annual performance evaluations and feedback to the coaches
- Build and foster an environment aligned with Canada Safe Sport Values and Protocol
Please submit applications to firstname.lastname@example.org. The closing date for consideration is Friday, August 9, 2019.